Respected Child Custody Attorneys in Temecula
JWB Family Law is a respected firm that understands the complexities of child custody cases, which is why we offer comprehensive assistance designed to help you deal with the process. Our team of expert child custody lawyers in Temecula works tirelessly to protect your rights and get your voice across, maximizing your chances of a positive outcome. Our focus is on ensuring you receive favorable child visitation and custody arrangements in line with your child’s best interests.
We assist in the legal process of receiving child custody
The ultimate goal of our dedicated legal team is to minimize the amount of stress for everyone involved in a judicial process. Our experienced child custody attorneys in Temecula carefully review every specificity of your case, paying close attention to every detail that can impact its outcome, and then assemble the necessary documents to best present your arrangement to the court.
Our professionals can also help you if the current situation calls for a modification of an existing agreement. We’ll review all the documentation and suggest changes that will be in your child’s best interest, as well as help ensure everyone involved understands the ins and outs of the new arrangement.
Hire experienced child custody lawyers in Temecula for a positive outcome
Our custody attorneys are adept at helping parents and former spouses reach a satisfying solution in the process of determining child custody and visitation rights. We’ll help you reach a favorable resolution even in situations where you and your former spouse are unable to reach a satisfactory out-of-court agreement.
We will work closely with you, as well as with the court, to help both sides determine what type of arrangement will be in the best interest of your child. Finally, we will act accordingly and in a timely manner, to ensure your child’s satisfaction and lasting well-being.
We’re here to help you ensure child custody and visitation rights!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is child custody determined in California?
When determining child custody in Temecula and the rest of California, the court will take several factors into consideration:
- The age and health (physical and mental) of the child, as well as that of each parent;
- Each parent’s ability to provide for the child’s needs (physical and emotional), as well as the ability to create a stable home environment;
- The child’s relationship with each parent;
- The child’s relationship with sibling (if any) and their connection;
- History of substance abuse or domestic violence by either parent;
- The child’s ties to the current community, school, and home;
- The child’s preferences, given that the child is old enough to express them.
Ultimately, the court will make a decision that is in the best interest of a child.
Who gets primary custody in California?
In California, there is no “default preference” when it comes to granting primary child custody to a parent. Rather, the court’s decision will be entirely based on the child’s best interests. With that in mind, the judge will often grant custody to the parent who is best able to:
- Create a stable living environment for the child;
- Tend to the child’s physical, psychological, and emotional needs;
- Ensure the child can maintain a healthy relationship with the other parent.
What do judges look for in a parent when resolving child custody cases in California?
Before reaching the final decision, the judges will carefully consider several factors directly related to each parent’s ability to care for the child. With the child’s best interest in mind, they will examine each parent’s:
- Age, physical and mental health, and respective lifestyle;
- Financial ability to provide stable living conditions (e.g. housing, food, clothing, medical care, etc.)
- Strength of the emotional bond with the child;
- The inclination to support the child’s emotional, physical, and psychological development;
- Willingness to encourage the child to have a meaningful, healthy relationship with the other parent;
- History of substance abuse and/or domestic violence (especially if the child was the victim);
- Any additional factors the judges deem relevant for the child’s well-being.
If you need assistance with your proceedings regarding child custody and visitation rights in Temecula, reach out to JWB Family Law. Our experienced lawyers will work in the best interests of you and your child to reach a suitable agreement that works for all the parties involved.
How long does a child custody case take in California?
Child custody in Temecula cases are extremely complex. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered, most of which will require several hearings and, in some cases, the appointment of a mediator or custody evaluator to assess the child’s needs and the parent’s ability to meet those needs.
As such, a court case can take anywhere from several months to even over a year to complete. Since the process can be incredibly taxing on both the parents and especially the child, it is highly advisable to enlist the assistance of an experienced child custody attorney to expedite the process and minimize the amount of stress for everyone involved.
Who are among the best child visitation and custody lawyers in Temecula & the area?
JWB Family Law is a firm that understands the legal and personal challenges you’re facing when it comes to cases dealing with child custody and visitation rights. Luckily, you can count on us to provide comprehensive legal support for different types of family law cases.
We’re here if you need assistance ensuring child custody in San Diego, and you can also count on us to help you with your visitation rights case in El Centro. Finally, turn to us if you require assistance with your military divorce process or if you’d like us to perform expert mediation.
Whatever kind of family dispute or issue you might be facing, our experienced professionals are here to provide assistance every step of the way. With our help, you’ll once again be able to enjoy the Temecula History Museum and Rose Haven Heritage Garden. Call us today!