Diligent Mediation Attorneys in San Diego
JWB Family Law has valuable expertise and extensive experience in mediation proceedings in San Diego and the surrounding areas. Our team can save you time, money, and emotional energy by supporting and representing you through the private mediation process. Our dedicated divorce mediation lawyers understand the value of your time and are determined to negotiate successfully during mediation and help you reach an agreement that is fair to both parties.
Rely on our divorce mediation attorneys
When immediate court orders are not necessary, mediation is a great option. Mediation is a process where parties attempt to resolve their differences with the assistance of a neutral third party known as the mediator. The mediator does not make decisions for the parties. The mediator facilitates communication, asks important questions, and helps both sides reach an agreement they are satisfied with. Voluntary participation and self-determination are fundamental principles of mediation.
If you are considering mediation, our firm can provide you information about the procedure, prepare you for mediation, represent you during the process, and draft any agreements that you reach at mediation. If you are looking for a divorce mediation attorney who can help you reach a fair and equitable agreement, our experts in San Diego will work with you to find creative solutions that allow you to save time and money.
Our lawyers have extensive expertise in divorce mediation
Mediation puts the parties in direct control of the dissolution process. Having a family law attorney on your side will help ensure mediation is done thoroughly and thoughtfully. Our divorce mediation attorneys in San Diego are experienced in mediation and are well-versed in the best strategies and preparation techniques. If you are interested in learning more about the advantages of mediation, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to working with you.
Getting divorced in San Diego?
Reach out to our divorce mediation attorneys.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the mediation process work?
During mediation, both parties can still be represented by their divorce mediation attorneys. Attorneys may participate in the mediation sessions or merely act as a consultant to the client going through mediation. Even when mediation fails to resolve every issue in a case, parties tend to approach the remaining issues at trial with less hostility.
What are the benefits of mediation during a divorce?
- Quicker resolutions: The California family law court dockets are severely overburdened, and cases can take years to resolve. Mediation provides a timelier way to get issue resolved and move forward in your life.
- Less expensive: Because a mediation can resolve your case faster than going to trial, it is less expensive than litigation. Contact our divorce mediation lawyers to understand how our rates work during the mediation process.
- Confidentiality: Court cases are public proceedings and judicial opinions are a matter of public record. Although there are protocols in court to protect the identity of minor children and other sensitive information, mediation can be more confidential. Further, communications and writings prepared for the purpose of, or during mediation, are typically not admissible at trial.
- Greater control: Parties play a more involved role in the mediation process and are free to create unique solutions that leave both parties happy with the result. Mediation is less adversarial than trial and fosters healthier communication between parties which can often result in both parties achieving greater satisfaction in the result.
- More civility: Ending a marital relationship can be tricky, especially when children are involved. Setting healthy boundaries and clear responsibilities for future interactions is a focus of mediation. Different from trial, mediation provides an opportunity to address relationship dynamics and encourages the parties to complete the process with dignity and respect.
How long does mediation take?
Reach out to our divorce mediation attorneys in San Diego for a free consultation.
How do divorce court documents get filed?
Who are the best divorce mediation lawyers in San Diego & the vicinity?
- Diligent representation in cases of domestic violence
- Expert advice for paternity issues
- Confidential legal assistance for child support cases and more.
No matter if you are residing in Oceanside or closer to Temecula Valley Museum, you can lean on our firm in your time of need. Call today to set up an appointment with our team.