Parental relocation becomes an issue when one party wishes to move out of state with the children, especially in joint custody cases. Depending on your custody and visitation agreement, a move that substantially increases the geographical distance between one parent and a child will require consent of the other parent or permission of the court.

Whether you are the moving or non-moving parent, our knowledgeable San Diego child custody lawyers can advise you on relevant factors to consider when requesting or opposing a move with children.