A paternity action can be brought at any time. When a child’s parentage is uncertain, the court can determine who the legal parents of the child are. Courts are not permitted to order permanent child support from a party who contests parentage until the dispute regarding parentage is resolved. However, the court does have the authority to order temporary child support pending a final resolution of the parentage dispute if there is “probable existence” of a parent-child relationship.

Call our trustworthy paternity lawyers and set up a free consultation.